The all nighter. We love it. We hate it. We embrace it. We barely hold on to our sanity. We live for the 24 hour access to coffee and wifi. We turn up the music. We surround ourselves with text books and paintbrushes, friends and empty cans of Red Bull. When finals week comes around, sleep goes out the door.
And somehow, this sleep deprived delirium is where genius is born.
As we click submit on that last essay, scribble in that last scantron bubble, we are free. We did it.
The power of the all nighter is what CreateAthon was founded on. And the all nighter is what finals week is all about. But there’s a difference between finals week and a CreateAthon all nighter. No one says nice things about finals week, but CreateAthon alums rave about CreateAthon. We do what we love for a good cause. It’s not easy, but at CreateAthon, we’ve embraced the all nighter. It’s an experience.
Here are some tips on how you can unleash the power of the all nighter in true CreateAthon style.
- Get together and study with friends! It’s so much easier when you’re in it together.
- Take breaks! Dance around your room, do yoga, take a walk, call a friend.
- Turn up the music.
- Caffeine is life.
- Stay silly. It’s the end of the semester, not the end of the world.
- Imagine your professors are appreciative nonprofits. They will definitely probably cry with gratitude when they read your beautiful essay.
- Fondly remember a time when sleep was a thing. Remember that sleep will once again be a thing. It’s hard to believe, but it’s true.
Good luck, everyone!